(last updated April 2014; expect a further update in early January 2016)
- Participating in renovation of Ashmont MBTA station, focusing on station design and development of new commercial space
- Participating in design and construction of the Carruth Building, a Transit-Oriented Development at Ashmont Station featuring affordable and market rate housing plus prime commercial space
- Leading the community process resulting in the redesign of the Peabody Square intersection, featuring new roadway layout, additional green space, and a passive stormwater filtration system
- Developing strong relationships with corporate sponsors Trinity Financial, Carney Hospital, and Vargas & Vargas Insurance.
- Conducting a comprehensive study of the neighborhood economy.
- Leveraging over $400,000 worth of storefront improvements with a $50,000 investment
- Participating in renovation of the historic Peabody Square Clock
- Sponsoring a visit by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to tell local merchants about services the SBA can offer. Included a visit, with translator, to all Vietnamese-owned businesses in district
- Publishing The SMAMS Connection e-newsletter
- Participating in redevelopment of “The Banton Street Lot,” a large vacant lot in the heart of the district
- Holding promotional events to publicize the district and its businesses: Dorchester Day cookouts; Dot Ave Scavenger Hunts; “Deck the Windows” window decorating celebration; “Look at Those People!” and “Art on the Avenue” sculpture exhibits; “Boston Unwrapped” holiday party and stroll accompanied by distribution of business directories and coupons for local merchants.